I figure the more I talk about being vegan, the more likely it is that I’ll finally take the dive and become a full time (or even a weekday) vegan. I would say that 70% of my meals are probably vegan. I thought since I shared 5 quick vegan meals a couple weeks ago, it would be good to share five recipes that I really like.
1. Vegan Pancakes – Super easy, simple and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen. I do half whole wheat flour, half all purpose flour and add blueberries for the kidlets. Made them this morning and everybody loved them.
2. Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings – I don’t like cauliflower. But I like these. Pretty easy to make. My only complaint is that the batter’s a little thick so I thin it out some. I use whole wheat flour for these too.
3. Cinnamon Bun Granola – My first attempt at making granola and it’s AHHHHmazing. The house smells great when I make it and we all scarf it down. My in-laws even asked for the recipe! Sweetened with maple syrup and dates, you’d never know this was a vegan recipe. It’s sweet, cinnamon-y, and surprisingly very buttery tasting.
4. Eggplant Lasagne – The pine nuts in this make it rich and flavorful. I like using a few spinach leaves in each roll and do yourself a favor and use a good marinara sauce – Ragu or Prego won’t do this dish justice. Frying the eggplant is my least favorite part. Eating it is my most favorite.
5. Thai-Inspired Hydrating Salad – This low-cal, low-fuss salad is delicious. I seriously eat the entire salad myself. It’s crunchy and refreshing and the dressing is so simple. I made this for a party at my mom’s house and it was a hit! I want. Now.