Part of what I love most about my blog is seeing the stats (yep, I’m a nerd). I like to see what kinds of things people are looking for and what brought them to the site. So I thought I’d share some information with you that quite possibly only I find interesting:
My favorite searches that brought people to the site:
- my friend thinks he’s smart. he said that the onion is the only food that makes you cry. i threw a watermelon at his face. Awesome. How that lead to MyCrunchyLife, I’ll never know. Well actually I think it’s because I have one page that has several posts and within that page, the words onion, watermelon, smart and cry all appear. I really don’t understand why someone would google this. Unless they heard this as a joke and didn’t get it. They were from India so maybe that’s why.
- Angry Incredible Hulk. Also awesome because it’s referring to a ridiculous comparison of my daughter to the Incredible Hulk
- Can babies get hyper from mum mums or puffs. Yes. Next question.
- What could you make from a bag of pretzels. Uh…a bowl of pretzels?
- gDiapers addiction rare. No, gDiapers addictions are not rare. Apparently it strikes many moms. It’s like the crack of diaperhood. That makes me a crack ho. Perhaps the queen crack ho.
Most common searches:
- how to make ladybug pretzels
- straight face
- smiley face
- my crunchy life
The ladybug pretzels post actually brings in quite a few visitors. Unfortunately they never come back. Well, it might be fortunate for them.
We also have visitors from all over the world. Naturally the most come from the US but there are others:
- United States (73%)
- United Kingdom (8.7%)
- Canada (2.7%)
- India (1.8%)
- The Philippines (1.7%)
In the US, here’s the breakdown of traffic:
- California (24%) – I suspect a full 23.5% of that traffic is me and my husband.
- Texas (5.2%)
- New York (5.1%)
- Florida (3.3%)
- Guam – haha just kidding. Wanted to see if you were reading. Although we have had a few visitors from Guam…
- Illinois (2.8%)